Users can design a cake online and pick up from the store later.
For anyone whose watched Cake Wars or Top Chef and aspired to design a cake that causes more gasps then groans, The KAK Shop (www.thekakshop.com) has just given DIYers their dream come true. Phoenix’s award winning cake shop has just merged digital technology with eggs, butter and sugar. Today, a brand new feature called Kustom Kake Maker was launched that allows users to customize thousands of different cake designs right from a desktop or smart phone.
Simply browse to thekakshop.com website, use the design tools, pay for the cake online and pick it up at the store later. From the top line menu of the website, users are directed to a colorful screen where they can build their own design and see it exactly as it will look as the finished product. The site offers numerous selections to assist with building a custom one-of-a-kind cake, which includes:
• Shape – round or square,
• Tiers – two or three tier cake.
• Topper – age, bows and stars.
• Message – create a message on board or on plaque
• Decoration – butter cream and fondant
• Flavor – vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, lemon, strawberry, marble
• Filling – vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, Strawberry buttercream, raspberry buttercream, lemon buttercream, cream cheese buttercream, peanut butter buttercream, strawberry, raspberry.
• Serving size – 20, 25, 35, 40, 50, 60, 75
• Cake color – white, black, various reds, purple, various pinks, various blues, yellow, green, and orange.
• Border – normal, pearls, and band • Pattern – checkered, chevron, diamonds, dots, flowers, stripes, swirls, zebra, and circles.
The Kustom Kake Maker is unique as it allows users to click on the features they want on their cake so they can see the countless options as they go and they will know exactly what the cake will look like when they pick it up.
There is a minimum of a seven day lead time when ordering the cake. Cakes are priced by servings in either buttercream covered or fondant. According to Central Phoenix Mom Tara Allen, “There is that “OH NO” moment that every busy mom has when it’s a week before the party and you forgot to order a cake!” “Knowing I can jump online, design exactly what I want and forget about it until it’s time to pick it up? I love it.”
The KAK Shop owner Jay Murphy said, “I want to be the UBER of custom cake designs. Let’s disrupt the status quo and give people what they want. They want cake and they want it their way and they want it now! This does that.”
Murphy, recognized for setting the bar for unparalleled realism—whether a six foot Lady Gaga cake or a multi-tiered-tea-cup-Alice in Wonderland Cake kept hearing from customers that they wished they had some way to easily draw the kind of cake they wanted him to make for them. One day, when using a draw app on his phone, the idea struck him to use technology to help his customers to do what they’ve wanted to do for years. And the Kustom Kake Maker was born. ###