Day: May 21, 2015
The way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and one of the best forms of expression is through food, particularly cake. Cake is the perfect combination of self-expression, art, and celebration and it is something that brings our lives full-circle. We have cake on our first birthday, our last and everything in-between. From your Barbie cake on your sixth birthday to your cake on your college graduation, you let your personality come out in the form of frosting and flour. Cake shouldn’t have to wait until a first birthday though. A baby shower is the perfect opportunity for some cake, even more so, it is the perfect opportunity to reveal the gender of your baby. Using an ultrasound to tell your friends and family if you are having a boy or a girl is old fashioned, and well, boring. This much anticipated question is best answered in the form of food so it touches the hearts of your friends and families. Allowing friends and family to take part in something that involves your personality and your creativity will set the tone for the baby shower and even your baby. Solving a mystery with food is exciting and memorable, meaning everyone will remember your shower and more importantly, your baby. A baby shower should be fun, and so should your cake. There are so many ways to reveal the gender of your baby through cake, never leaving a dull moment at your baby shower.
- Multicolored cake – cake is in the shape of blue and pink gift packages with one section of the cake holding the reveal.
- Single layer cake – pink or blue cream on the inside will reveal the gender.
- Hidden object – a blue or pink egg, a mustache or lips, a bow or a bow tie will be hidden in the inside of the cake. One of your guests will discover the reveal when they bite into the cake.
- Cake with cake-pop balloons – one or all pops will reveal the gender. Guests won’t find out until they bite into their cake-pop.
- Kangaroo cake- the kangaroo’s pouch will hold the gender of the baby.
- Hunger Games Lottery cake- an object to pop a balloon will be placed inside of the cake, whoever finds the object gets to pop the balloon filled with blue or pink confetti.
The adult food fight has been an age-old tradition honored by couples around the world. We have all seen it; the couple romantically cutting their first slice of cake together only to shove it in one’s face, leaving cake everywhere. Next thing you know, there is frosting in and on the bride’s dress, while more cake is falling out of her perfectly curled hair, and all over her face, which when wiped off, will smudge her flawless make-up. Some say this tradition brings good luck to the marriage, others say it is just plain rude. Some believe that what the couple does with the cake can determine the success of their marriage. Pastor Kevin A. Thompson predicts marriages based on how they shove the cake in each other’s faces. Some couples are more forceful than loving, or more prideful rather than being playful. His predictions have been mostly accurate. Weather you prefer to wear your cake instead of eat it, or just eat it, a lot of expectations are riding on your cake so make no mistakes.
- Plan – There is nothing more stressful than waiting until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to find exactly what you want.
- Test things out – Don’t settle for the first bakery you walk into and don’t settle for the first flavor of cake that you like. Try as many options as you can.
- Pick a bakery – The bakery you choose should fit into your budget and be willing to work with you.
- Pick what YOU want – Pick a cake you and your fiancé love, not one that your mother-in-law likes. This is your day, not hers.
- Flavor and style matter – if you are going to be eating or wearing your cake, it better taste good and look good. It is possible to have a good-looking cake that is also delicious.
- Enjoy it! – Remember to eat your cake, a lot of work went into making sure it was perfect, so enjoy it!
With a perfect cake comes a perfect marriage. At least we can hope so.